DEXIS DEXcam 4 HD Intraoral Camera
High Definition Intraoral Video Camera
Create immediate visual impact with high-definition images from DEXIS™ DEXcam™ 4 HD. Used for diagnosis, education, and collaboration, the images from the DEXcam 4 HD intraoral camera are clear and highly detailed; and the camera is easy to use, reliable, and portable.
- 1.3-million pixel CMOS sensor delivers high-resolution images that remain clear and crisp
- Precision 7-element glass optical lens produces exceptional image quality and helps prevent image distortion
- Optimized to help ensure images maintain their natural color tones
- USB connection makes it a highly portable, plug-n-play camera
- Capture buttons featured on both sides to accomodate right and left handers
- A single press freezes the image; simply hold to save the image into the patient’s record
- Integrates brilliantly with DEXCapture software for guided and flexible workflows
Pictures and Videos are Worth a Thousand Words
For early detection and accurate representation of dental conditions, an intraoral camera is essential to delivering optimum quality of care. DEXcam 4 HD yields remarkably clear and focused images in real-time that are crucial for diagnosis and for fully documenting your patients’ overall oral health.
With DEXcam 4 HD, my team and I can view current images along with historical digital photographs and radiographs on the same screen. Patients see the progression of their dental condition and any results of delaying treatment. With this visual history, patients learn if their disease is chronic and progressive; a delay can lead to treatment that is potentially more extensive and more expensive.
Once patients are comfortable, we can begin a conversation about what they think they want or need alongside our recommendations. The most exciting part, for me, is when patients get so involved they reach out and touch the monitor. When they get interactive, I know they are really “getting it.”
The images are also very helpful in communicating with my lab. I can email multiple images with excellent resolution and color accuracy.
Digital images are also effective in insurance preauthorization. Our Dentrix®, DEXIS™ digital X-rays, and DEXcam 4 HD photos are fully integrated for filing e-claims. By sending radiographs, photographs, and intraoral photographs, we are not denied because of lack of documentation.
My real goal in using this imaging technology is to create a conversation that makes the patients feel comfortable and puts them in control of their dental future. I want them to mark up my monitor with fingerprints because they are so connected to being a part of their own treatment. My new camera and other digital imaging technologies allow me to be a part of patients’ visualization of a future of healthier teeth, gums, and extraordinary smiles.